DISTINGUISHED FW14 FACULTY:
ROBERT ALEXANDER ANDERSON
– Official portraits of President George W. Bush, Alan Greenspan, Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff.
– Portraits of Pope Benedict XVI, General David H. Petraeus, President Vladimir Putin. Hon. RAA – elected member to the Russian Academy of Arts.
LAUREL STERN BOECK
Award-winning artist Laurel Stern Boeck is known as one of the nation’s foremost Portrait Painters. Educated at the prestigious Art Students League and receiving a Bachelor’s of Fine Art from the School of Visual Arts in New York, Boeck now boasts a client list that includes prominent leaders in the fields of business, government, and education
MICHAEL DEL PRIORE
Michael Del Priore is in the front ranks of American portrait painting. Prominent work can be seen in major capitols, supreme courts, universities, banks, hospitals, and private homes. Commissions total over 600, including the following: William Gates (pictured left), Senators Strom Thurmond and Pat Roberts, Governors Carroll Campbell and Robert McNair, just to name a few.
Grace has been featured on American Painting Video Magazine, American Artist Magazine and was the recipient of the David A. Leffel Award For Excellence In Painting, Best In Show 2011. She received her BA from The School Of Visual Arts NYC, as well as studying with Laurel Stern Boeck, Sarah Lamb, Jeremy Lipking, and Michelle Dunaway. Her greatest influences are Rembrandt, Soren Emil Carlsen, and Velasquez.
- Award winner 2012, 2010 and 2008 International Portrait Competition; 2011 Scottsdale Salon of Fine Art Juried Show and Competition; Portraits of Honorable Judge William Hart Rufe III; Henry Seigel, founder of Sea Gull Lighting Company. Faculty at Studio Incamminati.
- Award Winner, Best in Show- Art Renewal Center Salon; 2011 Retrospective Show at the Butler Institute of American Art and at the Salmmagundi Art Club; New Britain Museum of American Art, New Britain, CT.
- Master Sculptor. Technical Instructor at the Arts Student's League in NYC. Fine Arts School of Lima, Peru — MFA, 2008
Art Students League of New York, NY — International Certificate in Fine Arts Sculpture, 2006
University of Lima, Peru — Certificate in Metallurgy and Materiality, 1995
- Leo teaches in Florence, both privately in his studio and at the Florence Academy of Art. He has exhibited throughout the United States and Europe. After graduating in 2005, Leo was asked to stay on at the school, first as an instructor and subsequently director of the school’s drawing program for sculptors. Additionally, Leo taught regular courses in plein-air landscape painting and artist materials until leaving the school in 2011.
Having left his 19th-Century painting studio in Florence, Leo has relocated to his native Massachusetts, now working and teaching from his studio in a mill building in Waltham, MA.
Whether working en plein-air or in the studio Leo works with traditional materials, his own hand-ground paints, canvases and o
– Portrait of Cardinal John Foley, Award Winner 2011 International Portrait Competition in Atlanta, GA.
- Founder and Chairman of Art Renewal Center. Ross is the leading authority on 19th Century Classical painter, William Bougueraeu and recently published Catalogue Raisonné, William Bougueraeu: His Life and Works. Along with his wife, Sherry, they own one of the foremost collection of 19th Century European paintings.
JOHN HOWARD SANDEN
– Portraits of President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush, Reverend Billy Graham and John Ashcroft. Gold Medal Award, Portrait Society of America, American Society of Portrait Artists, Portrait Brokers of America Award, Hudson Valley Art Association.
CHRIS SAPER -
SSince beginning her commission portrait painting practice in 1991, Saper has completed almost 400 commissioned portraits nationally, authored two books and filmed four DVDs on portraiture. “I love the discipline of working with clients in a shared vision of the portrait to be painted. There’s a satisfying result when I can achieve beautiful skin tones, accurate likenesses, and yet still paint a lovely piece of art.”
ince beginning her commission portrait painting practice in 1991, Saper has completed almost 400 commissioned portraits nationally, authored two books and filmed four DVDs on portraiture. “I love the discipline of working with clients in a shared vision of the portrait to be painted. There’s a satisfying result when I can achieve beautiful skin tones, accurate likenesses, and yet still paint a lovely piece of art.”
- One of the foremost leader of portraiture today, Mr. Shanks has painted HRH Diana, Princess of Wales; His Holiness, John Paul II; UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher; Presidents Ronald Reagan and William Jefferson Clinton; Founder of Studio Incamminati. Awared th “Sargent Medal” for Lifetime Achievement by the American Society of Portrait Artists; Gold Medal recipient for Lifetime Achivement by Portrait Society of America and the National Arts Club. Hon. RAA – elected member to the Russian Academy of Arts.
JOEL SPECTOR – Award Winner 2013 and 2011 International Portrait Competition Atlanta, GA; Gold Medal Winner Pastel Society of America, New Mexico Pastel Society; Society of Illustrators. Portraits, Honorable Shira Scheindlin U.S. District Court; O. Aldon James Former President of the National Arts Club; Adrian Benepe Former Commissioner of Parks of the City of New York.
JESUS EMMANUEL VILLARREAL – Recipient of the William F. Draper Grand Prize at the 2011 International Portrait Competition, First Place Winner at the New Haven Paint & Clay Club, Award Winner at the 2010 CSOPA Faces of Winter Competition.